Nelson Mill was one of a number of mills on Gaskell Street in Bolton. Owned by the spinning company Lord, Hampson and Lord, Mill No1 was built n 1861 and Mill No2 in 1871. Trading as a cotton mill ceased in the 1950s, and Mill No2 was demolished in the 1960s. Parts of the building remain as commercial units.
Nelson Mills were very close to Park Mills (see photograph) on Gaskell Street.